Transport market regulations will be brought together under one act, the Transport Code. Due to its wide-ranging contents, the Transport Code project will be carried out in three phases. The first phase legislative proposals, which are mainly related to road transport regulation, were submitted to Parliament on 22 September. The Ministry of Transport and Communications has started preparations for the second phase of the reform,
Transport market regulations will be brought together in a unified act, the Transport Code. Its key aim is to create the preconditions for customer-oriented provision of transport services and digitalisation in transport, and the preconditions for new business models and entrepreneurship. The Transport Code promotes fairness of competition in the passenger transport market and the competitiveness of the service providers of both passenger and goods transport.The Government submitted the legislative proposal for the Transport Code to Parliament on 22 September.
The Finnish Government announced on 12 September 2016 that it invites applications for three communications network licences for providing network services in digital terrestrial mass communications network. The licences are for multiplexes B, C and D in the UHF band. The deadline for applications is Wednesday, 12 October 2016 at 12.00 a.m.
- The Transport Code submitted to Parliament for consideration Press release22.09.2016 17.40 fi sv en
- Preparations to make winter tyres mandatory for heavy vehicles Press release15.09.2016 12.37 fi sv en
- Finland ratifies International Convention for the Management of Ships’ Ballast Water Press release08.09.2016 13.30 fi sv en
- Minister Berner speaks at seminars in connection with the state visit of Norway Press release07.09.2016 15.19 fi sv en
- Commission Communication presents a wide range of options for reduction of transport emissions Press release21.07.2016 10.25 fi sv en
- Reform of legislation on vehicle inspection to begin Press release14.07.2016 15.05 fi sv en
- Minister Berner: Requirements to obtain driving licence to be revised Press release13.07.2016 12.00 fi sv en
- Coordinator of Internet management ICANN meets in Helsinki Press release27.06.2016 11.35 fi sv en
- Minister Berner: Cooperation in the media sector essential Press release22.06.2016 14.17 fi sv en