Finland's Act on Electronic Identification and Electronic Signatures (Electronic Identification Act) will be amended to correspond with EU legislation and promote e-commerce.The Act will enter into force on 1 July 2016.
"I am very pleased that the working group on the future of the Finnish Broadcasting Company YLE reached a unanimous decision. I want to thank the chair of the group, Arto Satonen, for his valuable input in finding a compromise solution," said Ms Anne Berner, Minister of Transport and Communications.
The legal evaluation by the National Audit Office of Finland raises some views, on the basis of which the ownership steering of Finavia in autumn 2015 is regarded as problematic. The Ministry of Transport and Communications stresses that the ownership steering of Finavia has not included any improper interference with the operational activities of the state-owned company.
A parliamentary working group, under the leadership of its chair Arto Satonen, has reviewed the Finnish Broadcasting Company YLE's funding and its role as a public service provider. The working group achieved a parliamentary understanding of the policy lines on YLE's future.
The Finnish Government proposed on 16 June 2016 that the President of the Republic adopt the international convention for the management of ships' ballast water. It was also proposed that the President would ratify acts that lay down the provisions on the entry into force of the convention. The acts will become effective only after the convention has entered into force in Finland and internationally.
- Norkring relinquishes its network licences and extension is given to licence period for other operators Press release20.06.2016 10.22 fi sv en
- Coordinator of Internet management ICANN meets in Helsinki Press release27.06.2016 11.35 fi sv en
- Minister Berner: Cooperation in the media sector essential Press release22.06.2016 14.17 fi sv en
- The Ministry has not improperly interfered with the operational activities of Finavia Press release21.06.2016 09.58 fi sv en
- Working group: Parliamentary consensus on the duties and funding of YLE Press release20.06.2016 08.16 fi sv en
- Laura Vilkkonen appointed Director-General of the Data Department at the Ministry of Transport and Communications Press release16.06.2016 13.35 fi sv en
- Focus on customer needs in reducing the maintenance backlog in the transport network Press release10.06.2016 13.00 fi sv en