The Finnish Ministry of Transport and Communications is preparing strategic guidelines on big data and My Data for the purposes of a Government Resolution. The vision is that Finland will be a strong, innovative and reliable data environment where competencies generate international business operations.
The Ministry of Transport and Communications has published a new group strategy for 2016–2020. It is the first strategy to steer the entire administrative branch and has been drawn up by the ministry in cooperation with the agencies.
"If we want to turn mobility into a true service, we need a mindset that is innovative, forward looking and forward thinking and we also need constructive cooperation across borders," said Ms Anne Berner, Finnish Minister of Transport and Communications, at the Aurora Symposium on intelligent transport systems and services that was held in Muonio, Finland, on 1 February 2016.
Minister of Transport and Communications Anne Berner will be meeting with her ministerial colleagues from Estonia and the Nordic countries in Muonio, Northern Finland, on 1 February. The Ministers will be discussing opportunities for cooperation in the area of digital transport services.
The Finnish Ministry of Transport and Communications has a new logo and visual identity. They will be used in the Ministry's information material and its communications channels. The new logo and design were created by Porkka & Kuutsa identity design agency.
- Closer cooperation between the Nordic countries and Estonia in digitalisation of transport services Press release01.02.2016 12.54
- Minister Berner to meet with ministerial colleagues from Estonia and the Nordic countries Press release28.01.2016 14.37
- Icebreaking services agreement into force Press release08.01.2016 11.29
- Rail transport agreement between Finland and Russia submitted to Parliament Press release08.01.2016 11.25
- Government issues radio programme licences Press release17.12.2015 14.13
- Media working group: From securing operations to fair competition Press release07.12.2015 09.45
- Radio licence policy: Government gives preliminary decision on corporate restructuring in commercial radio broadcasting Press release03.12.2015 13.59
- New Director-Generals appointed at the Ministry of Transport and Communications Press release19.11.2015 15.10