The European Commission has issued its proposal for the climate and energy package until 2030. The package includes an Effort Sharing Decision concerning emissions reductions in the non-emissions trading sector, as well as communication on low-emission transport modes.
The requirements to obtain a driving licence will be revised. The aim is to reduce regulation and enable alternative methods of driver education. The aim is also to reduce driving licence expenses. The proposed legislative amendments would support the Government's deregulation objectives.
The Ministry of Transport and Communications has started preparations for an application round concerning network licences transferred for the consideration of the Government by circulating a draft for an application announcement for comments. The deadline for comments is 12 August 2016
Minister of Transport and Communications Anne Berner invited a group of international experts and leaders to talk about the digitalization of our societies and the opportunities this offers. The main focus was on business models utilising digitalisation, including the sharing economy and other demand-based models.
Finland's Act on Electronic Identification and Electronic Signatures (Electronic Identification Act) will be amended to correspond with EU legislation and promote e-commerce.The Act will enter into force on 1 July 2016.
- Norkring relinquishes its network licences and extension is given to licence period for other operators Press release20.06.2016 10.22 fi sv en
- Commission Communication presents a wide range of options for reduction of transport emissions Press release21.07.2016 10.25 fi sv en
- Reform of legislation on vehicle inspection to begin Press release14.07.2016 15.05 fi sv en
- Minister Berner: Requirements to obtain driving licence to be revised Press release13.07.2016 12.00 fi sv en
- Coordinator of Internet management ICANN meets in Helsinki Press release27.06.2016 11.35 fi sv en
- Minister Berner: Cooperation in the media sector essential Press release22.06.2016 14.17 fi sv en
- The Ministry has not improperly interfered with the operational activities of Finavia Press release21.06.2016 09.58 fi sv en