null Mobility into an overall service
Mobility into an overall service17.06.2014 14.47 fi en
A long-term aim in transport policy is a paradigm shift that would turn mobility into a service. The objective is that users' mobility and transportation needs could be easily met under one service agreement.
This long-term goal in the European transport policy was supported by Ministerial Round Table discussions on 17 June in Helsinki. The Round Table of EU Member States on transport was held in connection with ITS Europe 2014 Congress. The meeting was attended by Finland's Minister of Transport and Local Government Henna Virkkunen and EU Commission Vice-President, responsible for transport, Siim Kallas.
The joint statement of the Ministerial Round Table also emphasised the aim to develop the transport sector into an ecosystem that is based on close cooperation between different actors and on utilisation of information. This includes transport infrastructure and services as well as information, ICT and payment services in transport.
- I am particularly pleased with the new direction in mobility and transport services that we agreed on at the meeting. In future we will develop the transport system in closer cooperation with the users and between the public and private sectors, said Minister of Transport Henna Virkkunen.
Minister Virkkunen believes that there will also be more information available for the users to support their mobility and travel planning. That way they will also have more chances to influence the costs of their mobility.
- ITS Europe 2014, Ministerial Round Table Press (video)
- Press release 17.06.2014: Minister Virkkunen: New transport services open up business opportunities
- Press release 17.06.2014: Mobility to be turned into an overall service
- Press release 17.06.2014: Traffic Lab opens: new transport services to be expected for autumn
- Topical 10.06.2014: Experts in intelligent transport systems and services to meet in Helsinki
- Intelligent transport