- Third stage of the Act on Transport Services sent out for comments Press release25.05.2018 12.18 fi sv en
- Act on Transport Services to cover the entire transport system Press release27.04.2018 09.26 fi sv en
- Second stage of the Act on Transport Services encompasses the whole transport system News article19.10.2017 14.23 fi sv en
- Good and flexible transport services through a new act News article24.05.2017 15.47 fi sv en
- Good and flexible transport services through a new act Press release24.05.2017 15.44 fi sv en
- Minister Berner: Interoperability of different modes of transport to be included in Transport Code Press release20.12.2016 09.52 fi sv en
- Preparations for the second phase of the Transport Code started News article23.09.2016 16.03 fi sv en
- The Transport Code submitted to Parliament for consideration News article22.09.2016 18.18 fi sv en
- The Transport Code submitted to Parliament for consideration Press release22.09.2016 17.40 fi sv en
- Support from the Commission to the guidelines on collaborative economy in the Transport Code Press release06.06.2016 15.44 fi sv en
- Transport Code enables better transport services and flexible business operations Press release18.04.2016 16.02 fi sv en
Act on Transport Services
The Act on Transport Services brings together transport market legislation and creates the preconditions for digitalisation of transport and new business models. Its key aim is provision of customer-oriented transport services.
The Act will bring changes to the current state of the transport market that is strictly regulated and guided by public measures. It will promote fairness of competition in the passenger transport market and competitiveness of the service providers of both passenger and goods transport.
The new Act will create a framework for a more efficient arrangement of publicly subsidised passenger transport by utilising digitalisation, combined transport and different fleet types.
The Act will be drafted in three phases
In the first stage, provisions on road transport were brought together under the Act on Transport Services. Most parts of the Act will enter into force on 1 July 2018. The provisions on the interoperability of data and information systems will enter into force already on 1 January 2018.
Provisions on air, maritime and rail transport markets and on the qualifications of transport personnel are added in the second stage.
A central aim of the Act on Transport Services is to promote digitalisation of transport services and more efficient use of data. The second stage of the Act on Transport Services continues the opening of data. Regulation of transport registers is also being reformed.
The Government submitted a proposal on the second stage of the Act on Transport Services to Parliament on 19 October 2017.
In the third phase of the Act it will be ensured that due attention has been given to the aims concerning the transport system and the related digital services.
Links to other websites
- Factsheet 64-2017 The Act on Transport Services implements Government Programme Factsheet16.06.2017
- Factsheet 61-2017 Information and transport Factsheet16.06.2017
- Factsheet 58-2017 Public transport in the Act on Transport Services Factsheet16.06.2017
- Factsheet 57-2017 Act on Transport Services Factsheet16.06.2017