- The Government has proposed a new Water Transport Act, which would ensure that all water transport legislation is up to date and found in one place. The aim of the reform is to facilitate automation as well as to increase the safety of water transport and responsible boating. The new law would also bring clarity to the roles and tasks of authorities.
- Finland aims to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from shipping and to have global negotiations on concrete measures for reducing these emissions initiated next year. The issue of greenhouse gas emissions from shipping will be negotiated in the meeting of the International Maritime Organization’s (IMO) Marine Environment Protection Committee (MEPC) in London on 22–26 October 2018.
- Water Transport Act aims to improve safety and increases preparedness for the future Press release18.10.2018 13.32 fi sv en
- Minister Berner: Finland strives to reduce emissions from shipping Press release12.10.2018 14.40 fi sv en
- Amendment to the regulation of snowmobiles proposed Press release12.10.2018 13.24 fi sv en
- Government proposes introducing mobile driving licences Press release11.10.2018 15.48 fi sv en