Composition of the administrative sector
- Finnish Transport and Communications Agency
- Transport Infrastructure Agency
- Finnish Meteorological Institute
- Traffic Management Finland Oy
- Yleisradio Oy (Finnish Broadcasting Company)
- Cinia Oy
The Finnish Transport and Communications Agency Traficom promotes the transport system and traffic safety and ensures that everyone in Finland has access to high-quality, secure and reasonably priced communications connections and services. Traficom supports sustainable development and boosts digitalisation by means of, for example, experiments in automation and robotics. Traficom is an authority serving people and businesses in licence, registration and approval matters related to transport and communications.
- Finnish Transport and Communications Agency (traficom.fi)
- Finnish Transport and Communications Agency on Twitter
- Finnish Transport and Communications Agency on Facebook
- Finnish Transport and Communications Agency on LinkedIn
The Transport Infrastructure Agency, which operates under the Ministry's guidance, is responsible for road, railway and waterway construction and maintenance. The Transport Infrastructure Agency outsources the work to businesses through competitive tendering.
- Transport Infrastructure Agency (vayla.fi)
- Transport Infrastructure Agency on Twitter
- Transport Infrastructure Agency on Facebook
- Transport Infrastructure Agency on YouTube
- Transport Infrastructure Agency on Instagram
The Finnish Meteorological Institute is both a service provider and a research institution. It produces information on atmospheric conditions for the purposes of public safety and for the needs of businesses and the public at large.
- Finnish Meteorological Institute (organization)
- Finnish Meteorological Institute on Twitter (@meteorologit)
- Finnish Meteorological Institute on Facebook
- Finnish Meteorological Institute on YouTube
- Ilmailusaa.fi (Aviation weather)
- Finnish Wind Atlas
- Auroras Now!
- Space Research At FMI
State majority-owned companies
Traffic Management Finland Oy is a wholly state-owned Group with special assignment operating under the ownership steering of the Ministry of Transport and Communications. The Group consists of Finrail Oy, Intelligent Traffic Management Finland Oy (ITM Finland) and
Vessel Traffic Services Finland Oy (VTS Finland)
- Finrail Oy (front page)
- Intelligent Traffic Management Finland Oy (ITM Finland)
- Vessel Traffic Services Finland Oy (VTS Finland)
- Air Navigation Services Finland Oy (ANS Finland)
The Ministry's administrative branch also includes the Finnish Broadcasting Company, Yleisradio Oy. It is steered by the Administrative Council appointed by Parliament.
Cinia Oy provides intelligent network, cloud and software services for Finnish and international enterprises and for functions vital to society.