Act on Transport Services27.10.2017 15.25 en
The Act on Transport Services brings together transport market legislation and creates the preconditions for digitalisation of transport and new business models. Its key aim is provision of customer-oriented transport services.
The Act will bring changes to the current state of the transport market that is strictly regulated and guided by public measures. It will promote fairness of competition in the passenger transport market and competitiveness of the service providers of both passenger and goods transport.
The new Act will create a framework for a more efficient arrangement of publicly subsidised passenger transport by utilising digitalisation, combined transport and different fleet types.
The Act will be drafted in three phases
In the first stage, provisions on road transport were brought together under the Act on Transport Services. Most parts of the Act will enter into force on 1 July 2018. The provisions on the interoperability of data and information systems will enter into force already on 1 January 2018.
Provisions on air, maritime and rail transport markets and on the qualifications of transport personnel are added in the second stage.
A central aim of the Act on Transport Services is to promote digitalisation of transport services and more efficient use of data. The second stage of the Act on Transport Services continues the opening of data. Regulation of transport registers is also being reformed.
The Government submitted a proposal on the second stage of the Act on Transport Services to Parliament on 19 October 2017.
The third phase of the Act, it will be ensured that due attention has been given to the aims concerning the transport system and the related digital services.
- Press release 19.10.2017: Second stage of the Act on Transport Services encompasses the whole transport system
- Press release 24.5.2017: Good and flexible transport services through a new act
- Act on Transport Services
- Transport code - Road transport operations subject to licence (Graphic)
- Transport code - Service provider obligations (Graphic)
- Factsheet 89-2017 The transport market and the professional qualifications of transport personnel
- Factsheet 83-2017 Act on Transport Services: Use of data resources to be more efficient
- Factsheet 64-2017 The Act on Transport Services implements Government Programme
- Factsheet 63-2017 Transport services of sparsely populated areas in the Act on Transport Services
- Factsheet 62-2017 Taxi and vehicle-for-hire services in the Transport Code, comparison with Sweden
- Factsheet 61-2017 Information and transport
- Factsheet 60-2017 Taxi and vehicle-for-hire services in the Act on Transport Services
- Factsheet 59-2017 Goods transport and professional qualifications in the Act on Transport Services
- Factsheet 58-2017 Public transport in the Act on Transport Services
- Factsheet 57-2017 Act on Transport Services