null Get involved and have your say – stakeholder event on Transport Safety Strategy to be held as webcast
Get involved and have your say – stakeholder event on Transport Safety Strategy to be held as webcast
The Ministry of Transport and Communications will hold a stakeholder event on the preparation of the Transport Safety Strategy on Tuesday 10 August 2021 at 13–15. The event is by invitation, but anyone interested can watch it live. Participants other than invited guests will also have the opportunity to present comments and ask questions during the event.
The Ministry of Transport and Communications is currently preparing a new Transport Safety Strategy. Its vision is to improve safety in all modes of transport to the point that by 2050, no one will die or be seriously injured in traffic.
The draft strategy was prepared in broad-based cross-administrative cooperation with various transport sector stakeholders. The draft is currently being circulated for comments.
Minister of Transport and Communications Timo Harakka will give the opening speech at the event. Director of the Ministry’s Safety and Security Unit Elina Immonen will give a presentation on the Transport Safety Strategy and the work that has gone into preparing it. The event will also feature talks by representatives from the National Police Board, the Finnish Lifeboat Institution and the Finnish Transport and Communications Agency Traficom.
The event is being held as part of the Conference on the Future of Europe, in which all EU citizens are welcome to participate in the discussions and create a vision for a common future.
Come to the event to hear about the preparation of the Transport Safety Strategy and to learn what its objectives are and why. You can also share your opinions and vision for safe transport.
Watch the webcast of the stakeholder event
The stakeholder event on the Transport Safety Strategy on Tuesday 10 August will be streamed as a live webcast. Watch it from 13.00 to 15.00 on the Ministry’s YouTube channel.
A subtitled recording of the event will be available later at the same address.
The webcast will also include a discussion platform open to all participants. Continue the discussion on social media using the hashtags #TransportSafetyStrategy, #YourFuture and #FutureofEurope.
You can also have your say on the preparation of the draft strategy by submitting an opinion through the Lausuntopalvelu.fi service. The deadline for submitting opinions on the Transport Safety Strategy is 13 August 2021.
The preparation of the strategy will then be continued by public servants together with stakeholders. A government resolution on the strategy is to be adopted by the end of this year.
Lasse Heliste, Coordinator, tel. +358 50 570 9945
- Press release, 8 June 2021: New comprehensive Transport Safety Strategy circulated for comments
- ‘Impulssi’ blog, 31 March 2021: Prevention of risk-taking behaviour plays a key role in young people’s transport safety (in Finnish)
- ‘Impulssi’ blog, 8 June 2021: Open cooperation and getting on with it – the cornerstones of drafting the Transport Safety Strategy (in Finnish)
- ‘Impulssi’ blog, 17 June 2021: Technology brings safety to transport (in Finnish)
- ‘Impulssi’ blog, 7 July 2021: Safe traffic behaviour requires clear ground rules and the right attitude (in Finnish)
- ‘Impulssi’ blog, 12 July 2021: Knowledge-based decision-making and legislation promote traffic safety (in Finnish)
- Ministry of Transport and Communications, YouTube: Webcast, the stakeholder event on the Transport Safety Strategy on 10.8.2021 at 13.00-15.00
- Lausuntopalvelu.fi: Request for opinions on the Ministry of Transport and Communications’ draft Transport Safety Strategy (VN/13615/2019) (available in Finnish and Swedish)
- Government, Gateway to Information on Government Projects: Liikenneturvallisuusstrategia (LVM054:00/2019) (available in Finnish and Swedish)
- European Commission Conference on the Future of Europe