Composition of the administrative sector
- Finnish Transport and Communications Agency
- Transport Infrastructure Agency
- Finnish Meteorological Institute
- Traffic Management Company Fintraffic Ltd
- Yleisradio Oy (Finnish Broadcasting Company)
- Cinia Oy
- Nordic Railways Ltd
The Finnish Transport and Communications Agency Traficom promotes the transport system and traffic safety and ensures that everyone in Finland has access to high-quality, secure and reasonably priced communications connections and services. Traficom supports sustainable development and boosts digitalisation by means of, for example, experiments in automation and robotics. Traficom is an authority serving people and businesses in licence, registration and approval matters related to transport and communications.
- Finnish Transport and Communications Agency (traficom.fi)
- Finnish Transport and Communications Agency on Twitter
- Finnish Transport and Communications Agency on Facebook
- Finnish Transport and Communications Agency on LinkedIn
The Transport Infrastructure Agency, which operates under the Ministry's guidance, is responsible for road, railway and waterway construction and maintenance. The Transport Infrastructure Agency outsources the work to businesses through competitive tendering.
- Transport Infrastructure Agency (vayla.fi)
- Transport Infrastructure Agency on Twitter
- Transport Infrastructure Agency on Facebook
- Transport Infrastructure Agency on YouTube
- Transport Infrastructure Agency on Instagram
The Finnish Meteorological Institute is both a service provider and a research institution. It produces information on atmospheric conditions for the purposes of public safety and for the needs of businesses and the public at large.
- Finnish Meteorological Institute (organization)
- Finnish Meteorological Institute on Twitter (@meteorologit)
- Finnish Meteorological Institute on Facebook
- Finnish Meteorological Institute on YouTube
- Ilmailusaa.fi (Aviation weather)
- Finnish Wind Atlas
- Auroras Now!
- Space Research At FMI
Traffic Management Company Fintraffic Ltd is a wholly state-owned group with special assignment operating under the ownership steering of the Ministry of Transport and Communications.
The Group provides advanced traffic control and management services and ensures the safety and reliability of all transport modes. It is also responsible for the collection, management and use of traffic control data.
Subsidiaries and their responsibilities
Fintraffic Railway Ltd is responsible for the control and management of railway transport system and services.
The responsibility for the control and management of road transport system and services lies with Finntraffic Road Ltd.
Fintraffic Vessel Traffic Services Ltd is responsible for the control and management of maritime transport system and services.
The subsidiary responsible for air navigation services is Fintraffic Air Navigation Services Ltd.
- Fintraffic Railway Ltd
- Fintraffic Road Ltd
- Fintraffic Vessel Traffic Services Ltd
- Fintraffic Air Navigation Services Ltd
The Ministry's administrative branch also includes the Finnish Broadcasting Company, Yleisradio Oy. It is steered by the Administrative Council appointed by Parliament.
Cinia Oy provides intelligent network, cloud and software services for Finnish and international enterprises and for functions vital to society.
Nordic Railways Ltd (Pohjolan Rautatiet Oy) promotes large-scale rail transport investments and develops the railway sector in a comprehensive way.