Composition of the administrative sector
- Finnish Meteorological Institute
- Finnish Transport Agency
- Finnish Transport Safety Agency
- Finnish Communications Regulatory Authority
- Finrail Oy
- Air Navigation Services Finland Oy
- Yleisradio Oy (Finnish Broadcasting Company)
- Cinia Oy
The Finnish Meteorological Institute is both a service provider and a research institution. It produces information on atmospheric conditions for the purposes of public safety and for the needs of businesses and the public at large.
- Finnish Meteorological Institute (organization)
- Finnish Meteorological Institute on Twitter (@meteorologit)
- Finnish Meteorological Institute on Facebook
- Finnish Meteorological Institute on YouTube
- Ilmailusaa.fi (Aviation weather)
- Finnish Wind Atlas
- Auroras Now!
- Space Research At FMI
The Finnish Transport Agency’s domain comprises the entire transport system and all modes of transport, except for aviation. The Agency’s duty is to ensure that Finland has an effective, safe, energy-efficient and environmentally friendly transport system.
- Finnish Transport Agency (front page)
- Finnish Transport Agency on Twitter (@liikennevirasto)
- Finnish Transport Agency on Facebook
- Finnish Transport Agency on YouTube
- Maintenance backlog action plan
- Digitalisation project
- E8 - Aurora, the Arctic intelligent transport test ecosystem
- Traffic Situation service
The Finnish Transport Safety Agency is the administrative and safety authority in charge of transport system regulatory and monitoring functions whose duty is to promote traffic safety and sustainable development in the transport system.
- CompMon - Compliance monitoring pilot for Marpol Annex VI
- Traffic Lab
- Trafi e-Services for private customers
- Rail Regulation Body
The Finnish Communications Regulatory Authority (FICORA) has the duty of ensuring data security in communications in Finland and that the country’s communications networks and markets function effectively and without interruption, and also that the position of consumers is safeguarded.
- Finnish Communications Regulatory Authority (front page)
- FICORA on Twitter (@viest_virasto)
- FICORA on Facebook
- FICORA on YouTube
State majority-owned companies
Finrail Oy operates at the heart of the Finnish rail transport. The core services include railway traffic control and safety, transport planning, operating centres, and passenger information services relating to train travel. Finrail is responsible for traffic control and safety on the Finnish state rail network. The traffic controllers responsible for the control hold the qualification specified by the Finnish Transport Safety Agency Trafi for carrying out their tasks.
Air Navigation Services Finland Oy (ANS Finland Oy) is responsible for such special functions related to air navigation as airspace management, area control, aeronautical services for state purposes and air search and rescue services.
- Finnish Government Press Release 30.3.2017: State air navigation service company to start operations – MINTC responsible for ownership steering
- Air Navigation Services Finland Oy (front page)
- ANS Finland on Twitter (@ANSFinland)
- ANS Finland on Facebook
The Ministry's administrative branch also includes the Finnish Broadcasting Company, Yleisradio Oy. It is steered by the Administrative Council appointed by Parliament.
Cinia Oy provides intelligent network, cloud and software services for Finnish and international enterprises and for functions vital to society.