On 8 February 2017, the Finnish Ministry of Transport and Communications appointed a parliamentary working group to define the means necessary for maintaining and developing the Finnish transport network. The members of the working group have been nominated. All the political parties represented in Parliament have representatives in the working group.
The Ministry of Transport and Communications will set up a parliamentary working group tasked with determining the measures required for the maintenance and development of the transport network. Reduction of the maintenance backlog, development investments, the developments in digitalisation and the emission reduction targets will be taken into account.
Government supports the review of the EU regulatory framework for privacy and electronic communications
The Finnish Government welcomes the proposal by the European Union Commission to review the regulatory framework for privacy and electronic communications as it would promote confidentiality and protection of privacy in electronic communications. The proposal would also promote responsible digital business activities and services.
The total overhaul of the Road Traffic Act (Tieliikennelaki 267/1981) has transitioned to the statement phase. The regulations concerning action and behaviour in road transport have been compiled in the legal draft. With this renewal, the regulatory framework would be streamlined to replace the ambiguities and shortcomings of the old legislation as well as prepare road transport for rapid technical advancement and automation.
- Members of the parliamentary working group to assess the future of the transport network Press release24.02.2017 13.43 fi sv en
- Amendments to legislation regarding the reform of vehicle inspection to begin Press release24.02.2017 09.57 fi sv en
- Government supports the review of the EU regulatory framework for privacy and electronic communications Press release17.02.2017 10.54 fi sv en
- New road traffic law would bring clarity to traffic rules and prepare for automation Press release15.02.2017 12.00 fi sv en
- Parliamentary working group to investigate future of transport network Press release09.02.2017 07.14 fi sv en
- National programme for a distribution network for alternative transport fuels Press release06.02.2017 12.41 fi sv en
- Minister Berner: The need to reform transport route financing must be resolved Press release24.01.2017 15.44 fi sv en
- Corporate model would resolve transport network funding Press release19.01.2017 15.28 fi sv en