- Minister of Transport and Communications Anne Berner will attend the Transport Research Arena (TRA) conference on Thursday 19 April 2018 in Vienna, Austria. She will take part in a panel discussion at the end of the four-day conference. The discussion will focus on future transport research in Europe.
- Satellite navigation is part of our everyday life. In addition to navigation, satellite positioning is required in electric and communications networks and transport services, for example. However, these systems and services do not function optimally in high latitudes, especially in the Arctic areas.
- The Government proposes that the current traffic control and management services by the Finnish Transport Agency be incorporated into a limited liability company and the functions be transferred to a new state-owned company with a special assignment. The Government submitted a legislative proposal on the matter to Parliament on 5 April 2018. The proposed act is scheduled to enter into force on 1 January 2019.
- The Government has issued a resolution on the digitalisation of freight transport data. The aim of the resolution is to boost the digitalisation of the logistics sector and promote new business opportunities. It also paves the way for Finland as a hub for international transport and supports emission reduction targets in the transport sector. The resolution is part of the Government key project on building a growth environment for digital businesses.
- Minister Berner to Transport Research Arena in Vienna Press release18.04.2018 09.33 fi sv en
- Authorities and researchers to seek solutions to Arctic navigation Press release13.04.2018 12.16 fi sv en
- Traffic control functions of the Transport Agency into a special assignment company Press release05.04.2018 13.32 fi sv en
- Data utilisation and intelligent automation to boost the digitalisation of logistics Press release29.03.2018 16.08 fi sv en