The Act on Transport Services will bring together legislation on transport markets and create preconditions for digitalisation and new business models in transport. Its key aim is provision of customer-oriented transport services. The Government submitted the bill on transport services for approval on 24 May.
The European Commission has published a press release concerning the mid-term review of the digital single market. It is a part of the Commission’s mid-term review. In the mid-term review, the Commission reviews new initiatives related to, for example, online trade, network roaming, and personal data. Minister of Transport and Communications Anne Berner says that according to the mid-term review, there has been considerable progress in the EU’s pursuit of creating a digital single market.
The government’s key project on creating a digital business environment is making good headway. Finland has potential to become a digitalised society and a pioneer in the introduction and application of new, globally produced technological solutions, says Ms Anne Berner, Minister of Transport and Communications and the leader of the key project.
- Good and flexible transport services through a new act Press release24.05.2017 15.44 fi sv en
- Minister Berner: 5G frequencies in use already in 2019 Press release24.05.2017 10.14 fi sv en
- The driver training reform reaches the draft-law stage Press release22.05.2017 12.06 fi sv en
- The digital business environment is making good headway Press release28.04.2017 15.41 fi sv en
- Reforms in the administrative branch of the Ministry of Transport and Communications Press release27.04.2017 15.10 fi sv en
- Finland aims to become leading ecosystem for intelligent transport Press release26.04.2017 11.05 fi sv en
- New air transport services between Finland and China Press release24.04.2017 10.12 fi en
- State air navigation service company to start operations – MINTC responsible for ownership steering Press release30.03.2017 13.41 fi sv en
- Working group to clarify storage obligation regarding electronic communications delivery reports Press release27.03.2017 10.43 fi sv en