Finland’s air traffic control, aerodrome and approach control services will in future be the responsibility of Air Navigation Services Finland Oy. On 17 March 2017 a Board of Directors and CEO were appointed for the company, which is set to start providing air navigation services as from 1 April 2017.
Finland supports the current scope of emissions trading in aviation activities
The European Commission published a proposal for a regulation on amending the Emission Trading Directive with regard to air transport on 3 February 2017. According to the proposal, emissions trading would continue in 2017–2020 under the same rules as in 2013–2016. The Finnish Government submitted a communication on the matter to the Parliament on 9 March 2017.
Rolls-Royce, a dynamic international operator in the marine industry, has announced that it will centralise its remote-controlled and autonomous ships research and development centre in Finland. “From the perspective of Finland’s economy and maritime industry, this is significant and highly welcomed news,” says Anne Berner, Minister of Transport and Communications.
A working group appointed by the Ministry of Transport and Communications suggests that support be provided for commercial television news broadcasting. The group proposes a temporary, three-year support programme that would be used for projects or to cover a certain percentage of the costs accrued by the production of news and current issues.
- Distribution of alternative fuels will be harmonised Press release23.03.2017 17.20 fi sv en
- Board of Directors and CEO for the state company for air navigation services Press release20.03.2017 16.40 fi sv en
- Autonomous Ships Research & Development Centre inspires Finnish maritime industry Press release10.03.2017 10.15 fi sv en
- Nordic countries have shared views on transport emission reductions Press release09.03.2017 10.26 fi sv en
- Minister Berner meets her Nordic colleagues to discuss emission reductions in transport Press release06.03.2017 13.46 fi sv en
- Working group suggests support for commercial television news broadcasting Press release01.03.2017 14.31 fi sv en
- Members of the parliamentary working group to assess the future of the transport network Press release24.02.2017 13.43 fi sv en
- Amendments to legislation regarding the reform of vehicle inspection to begin Press release24.02.2017 09.57 fi sv en
- Government supports the review of the EU regulatory framework for privacy and electronic communications Press release17.02.2017 10.54 fi sv en
- New road traffic law would bring clarity to traffic rules and prepare for automation Press release15.02.2017 12.00 fi sv en