The government’s key project on creating a digital business environment is making good headway. Finland has potential to become a digitalised society and a pioneer in the introduction and application of new, globally produced technological solutions, says Ms Anne Berner, Minister of Transport and Communications and the leader of the key project.
The phase II legislative package of the regional government reform has been sent for comments. The regional government reform will have impact even on the transport sector, including transport funding and the transport agencies’ activities. Responsibility for developing the transport system would remain with the state.
Technological development and digitalisation are the most significant factors transforming the transport and communications operating environment. Data is evolving into a critical production factor, and it will dominate the future's transport and communications architecture. Finland has the opportunity to become a pioneer in the swift adoption and application of new, globally created technology solutions. The rapporteurs' report Liikenne- ja viestintäarkkitehtuuri 2030 ja 2050 (Transport and Communications Architecture in 2030 and 2050) states that success will require the effective utilisation of the combined transport and communications ecosystem.
- The digital business environment is making good headway Press release28.04.2017 15.41 fi sv en
- Reforms in the administrative branch of the Ministry of Transport and Communications Press release27.04.2017 15.10 fi sv en
- Finland aims to become leading ecosystem for intelligent transport Press release26.04.2017 11.05 fi sv en
- New air transport services between Finland and China Press release24.04.2017 10.12 fi en
- State air navigation service company to start operations – MINTC responsible for ownership steering Press release30.03.2017 13.41 fi sv en
- Working group to clarify storage obligation regarding electronic communications delivery reports Press release27.03.2017 10.43 fi sv en
- Distribution of alternative fuels will be harmonised Press release23.03.2017 17.20 fi sv en
- Board of Directors and CEO for the state company for air navigation services Press release20.03.2017 16.40 fi sv en
- Autonomous Ships Research & Development Centre inspires Finnish maritime industry Press release10.03.2017 10.15 fi sv en
- Nordic countries have shared views on transport emission reductions Press release09.03.2017 10.26 fi sv en