The Ministry of Transport and Communications will set up a parliamentary working group tasked with determining the measures required for the maintenance and development of the transport network. Reduction of the maintenance backlog, development investments, the developments in digitalisation and the emission reduction targets will be taken into account.
Government supports the review of the EU regulatory framework for privacy and electronic communications
The Finnish Government welcomes the proposal by the European Union Commission to review the regulatory framework for privacy and electronic communications as it would promote confidentiality and protection of privacy in electronic communications. The proposal would also promote responsible digital business activities and services.
The total overhaul of the Road Traffic Act (Tieliikennelaki 267/1981) has transitioned to the statement phase. The regulations concerning action and behaviour in road transport have been compiled in the legal draft. With this renewal, the regulatory framework would be streamlined to replace the ambiguities and shortcomings of the old legislation as well as prepare road transport for rapid technical advancement and automation.
The Ministry of Transport and Communications proposes that a state company be established in Finland that would be responsible for the proper condition and long-term development of the transport network. “The operations of the company would not be dependent on the economy of the state, but rather the needs and satisfaction of citizens and business life,” states Minister of Transport and Communications Anne Berner in the report concerning the transport network company in the report publication event arranged for 19 January 2017.
- Government supports the review of the EU regulatory framework for privacy and electronic communications Press release17.02.2017 10.54 fi en
- New road traffic law would bring clarity to traffic rules and prepare for automation Press release15.02.2017 12.00 fi sv en
- Parliamentary working group to investigate future of transport network Press release09.02.2017 07.14 fi sv en
- National programme for a distribution network for alternative transport fuels Press release06.02.2017 12.41 fi sv en
- Minister Berner: The need to reform transport route financing must be resolved Press release24.01.2017 15.44 fi sv en
- Corporate model would resolve transport network funding Press release19.01.2017 15.28 fi sv en
- Changes at the turn of the year in the administrative branch of MINTC Press release04.01.2017 15.55 fi sv en
- Minister Berner: Interoperability of different modes of transport to be included in Transport Code Press release20.12.2016 09.52 fi sv en